What personal information is collected through this website and how is it used?
If you fill out the “contact” form on this website, I will ask you to provide some personal information (such as e-mail address, name, phone number and state). I only require that you provide an e-mail address on the contact form. Further, if chat is available through this site, you may be asked to provide information if you participate in an online chat. Please do not submit any confidential, proprietary or sensitive personally identifiable information (e.g. Social Security Number; date of birth; drivers license number; or credit card, bank account or other financial information) (collectively, “Sensitive Information”). If you submit any Sensitive Information, you do so at your own risk and I will not be liable to you or responsible for consequences of your submission.
Information that you provide to me through the contact form or an online chat will be used so that I may respond to your inquiry. I may also use information you provide to me to communicate with you in the future. If you do not wish to receive such communications, you may opt out (unsubscribe) as described below.
Web server logs
When you visit my website, I may track information about your visit and store that information in web server logs, which are records of the activities on my site. The servers automatically capture and save the information electronically. Examples of the information I may collect include:
- your unique Internet protocol address;
- the name of your unique Internet service provider;
- the town/city, county/state and country from which you access my website;
- the kind of browser or computer you use;
- the number of links you click within the site;
- the date and time of your visit;
- the web page from which you arrived to my site;
- the pages you viewed on the site; and
- certain searches/queries that you conducted via my website(s).
The information I collect in web server logs helps me administer the site, analyze its usage, protect the website and its content from inappropriate use and improve the user’s experience.
I may use services hosted by third parties, including Adobe Site Catalyst, to assist in providing my services and to help me understand the use of my site by my visitors. These services may collect information sent by your browser as part of a web page request, including your IP address or cookies. If these third-party services collect information, they do so anonymously and in the aggregate to provide information helpful to me such as website trends, without identifying individual visitors.
California Do Not Track
My web services do not alter, change, or respond upon receiving Do Not Track (DNT) requests or signals in browsers. As described in more detail above, I track user activity using web server logs, cookies and similar technologies. Information collected in web server logs helps me analyze website usage and improve the user’s experience. Cookies allow me to offer you a customized experience and present relevant advertising to you.
How is personal information protected?
I take certain appropriate security measures to help protect your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. However, I cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will always be unable to defeat my security measures.
Who has access to the information?
I will not sell, rent, or lease mailing lists or other user data to others, and I will not make your personal information available to any unaffiliated parties, except as follows:
- to agents, website vendors and/or contractors who may use it on my behalf or in connection with their relationship with me;
- if I am unable to assist with your matter, but know an unaffiliated attorney or firm that may be able to help you, I may refer you and share information you provided me with that party; and
- as required by law, in a matter of public safety or policy, as needed in connection with the transfer of my business assets (for example, if I am acquired by another firm or if I am liquidated during bankruptcy proceedings), or if I believe in good faith that sharing the data is necessary to protect my rights or property.
How can I correct, amend or delete my personal information and/or opt out of future communications?
You may opt out of any future contacts from me at any time. Contact me via the phone number, contact form or mailing address on my website at any time to:
- see what data I have about you, if any;
- change/correct any data I have about you;
- ask me to delete any data I have about you; and/or
- opt out of future communications from me.
Effective September 14, 2015